Monday, August 06th, 2012
+256 704 261501 +256 752 849516
INTRODUCING Uganda Talent Managers’ Association (UTAMA)
UTAMA is an association of professional Talent Managers who are ethical, knowledgeable and skilled as Talent/Artiste/Band Managers. The Association exists for the benefit of its members, the Talent represented and other stakeholders interested in the entertainment industry.
To be the professional platform of Talent Managers and related services; to protect and promote the interests of the Talent managed; and generally to regulate best practices in the field of Talent Management in Uganda.
Membership to the Association shall be open to companies, firms or individuals directly engaged in Talent Management and related services. The executive committee shall have the sole discretion to evaluate and decide an applicant’s eligibility.
COMPOSITION OF MEMBERS
The Association has got over 40 registered members for the time being, including 25 of the leading Talent Management and Booking Agencies in the country.
The management of the Association for the time being is vested in the following members of the Executive Committee:
- Chairperson: Emma Mulondo (Twinkle Star Agency)
- Vice Chairperson: Jonathan Kyeyo (Mic Check)
- Treasurer: Aly Allibhai (Talent Africa)
- Executive Secretary: Nisha Bridgette (Jamal)
- Publicity & Mobilization: Sam Yiga (Mr. Woods), Julie Erusa (Jackie Chandiru), Geoffrey Kayemba (Chris Evans) and Innocent Kawooya (Hipipo.Com)
In performing its activities, the Executive Committee is assisted by the following members of its 3 Sub-Committees:
- Advisory: Lawrence Labeja (Angry Management) and Emma Sserugo (formerly Gagamel)
- Creative: Shamim Asiimwe (Barbed Wire Thong Band) and Ronnie Mulindwa (Obsessions Africa)
- Sponsorship: Vianne Kushaba (Viva Stars) and Shadrack Kuteesa Platinum Entertainment)
The Association is also pleased to have the services of the following officers:
- Patron: Jenkins Mukasa
- Chief Legal Counsel: Isaac Kimaze Ssemakadde
The Association is guided by a 16-page constitution
SOURCE OF INCOME
The sources of revenue shall include but shall not be limited to:
- Membership and Annual Subscriptions from members of the Association
- Grants and donations
- Revenue from the Association’s promotional and other activities
The Executive Committee shall meet frequently and regularly to plan for the Association and there shall be at least one general assembly of the members every year.
In partnership with Government, the corporate sector and the civil society, the Association will organize a series of activities every year to stimulate general interest in all kinds of talent at all levels of Ugandan society, and to develop the capacity of local talent managers.
The ultimate goal of the Association is to see Uganda become a hub of world class Talent.
We invite all of you to support UTAMA in achieving this goal.
What is an association?
A group of people organized for a joint purpose.
Who is a Talent Manager?
An individual who guides the professional life of a given talent by providing advice and practical assistance.
What does a Talent Agency do?
A talent agency or agent finds jobs for a given talent locally, regionally or internationally. Sometimes a talent agency or agent is called a booking agency or booking agent.
What is a Record Label?
A record label is the company that manages and coordinates the production, manufacture, distribution, marketing and promotion, and enforcement of copyright protection of sound recordings and music videos; it conducts talent scouting and development of new artists and maintains contracts with recording artists and their managers.